Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Aug 31

I scanned the Saturday pictures of our Chuck E Cheese excursion today. I’m going to put them on Facebook as soon as I finish this blog. They came out pretty good. My eldest daughter wouldn’t take a picture with us, so they are only of me, my granddaughter, and my youngest daughter. And yes, these are the first pictures of my new haircut. Or, should I say my lack of hair-cut. For any of you that don’t know. My wife was giving me a haircut when she said whoops, I can fix that. The solution was to give me a buzz cut. But, it kind of grew on me so I got another. I had one when I was a little kid, way back when in the dinosaur days. But, it’s not too bad. In fact, it might even be in style now. I’ve seen a bunch of people with buzz cuts.
Can you believe Carlos Gonzalez? We were in a one to nothing game with the Giants yesterday. Both pitchers were very good. We were in the ninth inning and it didn’t look like we were going to score. We’ve had about four or five games where we didn’t get a run. They’re the worst. But, at the top of the ninth, their pitcher walks Dexter Fowler the first batter. He’s fast, and I had high hopes he could steal a base and then if we got a base hit, he could score. But, even better, Carlos Gonzalez gets up to the plate and he destroys his bat. It shatters into a gazillion pieces and he still hits it over the center fielder’s head. Dex scores and Carlos rounds second heading for third. They try to throw him out. The ball skips into the stands and Carlos gets to trot casually into home. It was great. We won two to one.
I was supposed to go visit my mom today. But, when I woke up to take my wife to work this morning, I just fell back to sleep. I didn’t think I stayed up that late last night, but I think it all caught up to me. She took the car and I didn’t wake up again until noon. Then, when I tried to call my mom and tell her that I wasn’t going to make it, her number went right to voice mail. She was changing carriers or something like that. She gave me a new number to use for 48 hours and then her old number would work again. I called both numbers and only got the voice mail on her old one. So, she’s going to think that I stood her up until I can get a hold of her. And, I can’t do that until she calls with the correct number or I go over there and surprise her. I better take her out to eat or something or she’s going to think I’m a bad son.
I was working on chapter 28 yesterday, but I just couldn’t get into it. I tried working on the Great Detective, but it was the same thing. I ended up listening to the fourth Harry Potter book and playing spider solitaire. I don’t know what was wrong, but I’m raring to go today. I’m working a twelve hour shift today, so I should be able to get it done. If not, I’ll get the meat of it finished. I have ELO, Queen, and Chicago on the playlist and as soon as I get my Facebook pictures loaded I’ll get started.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment