Monday, August 16, 2010

Aug 16

That was a long weekend. To start it off, I took my latest book down to the Tattered Cover book store. If you don’t know, it’s a Colorado chain bookstore. As per their website, I put Grandpa’s Faerie on the local author’s shelf. If they approve it, they’ll sell it in their stores. It met all of their requirements, so we’ll see how it goes. They said that it could take up to two weeks. I’ll keep everyone informed. I was working on chapter 23 of Kidnapped on Friday when I realized that I was missing a chapter. I’m going to have to get that one done and put it in before I continue on 23. So, I’ll do that tonight.
I’m in the dog house at home. My wife took her sisters and parents out to see her brother on Saturday which meant that she wanted to do something on Sunday. Unfortunately for her, there was a Rockies game at one and the Broncos game at five. That meant that I was going to be in front of that TV for most of the day. She did manage to get me to move some mattresses for her parents in the morning. But, she taught me a lesson. She went into the bedroom, closed the door, and didn’t talk to me all day. Yep, that’ll teach me. Anyway, the Rockies took home the win. That’s one in a row for us. Lately we’ve been flip flopping with wins and losses. We’re never going to kick the Padres out of first like that. Clint Barmes had a really bad day. He struck out three times, he made the third out while the bases were loaded, and he dropped an infield pop fly that tied up the game. It was a rough one for him. Usually, he is one of the best 2nd basemen out there. But, everyone has an off day and he’ll bounce back. The Broncos on the other hand, didn’t do that well. All three of our quarterbacks played. Orton did really well. He did throw a couple that made me groan. Quinn didn’t do much at all. He had trouble driving down the field. Tebow ran in a touchdown, his first one in the NFL. The Bangles managed to drive down the field on us very easily. We missed quite a few tackles and overall it wasn’t the best performance. We’re going to chalk that one up to opening pre-season jitters and trounce the Lions next week. In our division, the Raiders beat up on the Cowboys in the fourth quarter. They have a pretty good running back and he might give us some trouble. The Chargers smashed Jay Cuttler and the Bears. Woo hoo. We always like it when Jay Cuttler falls down. And, Kansas City fell to the Falcons. But, the team to worry about is Washington. They trounced the Bills. Mike Shannahan is looking for some revenge for the Broncos giving him the boot. We don’t play them this year, but that will be one for a Monday night when it comes up.
I was almost late for work today. I was volunteered to move a refrigerator across town. It was big, heavy, and once we got it to where it was supposed to go, it wouldn’t fit in the doorway. We had to take the doors off slide it in, and then try to remember how to put it back together again. We had one casualty. A screw that should have gone in the bottom part of the door somewhere broke. We found a replacement. (Hope no one notices)
Well, time to get to work. I have ELO in the background and a huge ice tea to keep me company.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment