Friday, August 13, 2010

Aug 13

It’s almost eight thirty and the Rockies are leading at the top of the fourth inning. Let’s hope it stays that way. (Winning I mean, they can make a bunch more runs.) De La Rosa is on the mound. I’m at work and watching the play by play on ESPN’s gamecast. It’s not like being there or watching it on TV, but it’s better than nothing. And, guess what? Football’s getting closer and closer by the minute.
My daughters brought me a Subway sandwich for lunch tonight. They even brought me some cookies to go with it. I’m getting hungry just thinking about it. My wife had to work overtime today at her job and the girls came downtown so that they could go out to eat when she gets off. I hope they remember that they have the car and I don’t. My wife is going to take her parents out to visit her brother tomorrow and she’s going to take the car with her. She is supposed to drop off their truck so that I can get home. We’ll see.
I didn’t work at all last night. I intended to finish chapter 22, but nope. I had to go and put on that Harry Potter audio book. I ended up wasting the whole night. Well, tonight I’m going to finish it. Even though Harry is calling me to finish, I’m going to hold out until the last hour of work. Then, I’ll listen again. That worked out really well the other day. Now, all I have to do is make it through the baseball game and I’ll be ready to begin. Or, maybe I can listen to Harry Potter while I’m watching the game on the computer. Yeah, that’ll work.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment