Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Sep 1

With the Padres losing their seventh in a row, the Rockies went up against the Giants. Both of us were hoping to move up in the rankings. We’re both within spitting distance of first. But, the Giants had to go and beat us two of the three games. It was a very close game today and our mistake wasn’t pitching or hitting. Both teams had their Ace pitchers so I knew it wasn’t going to be a high scoring game. Our mistake was errors. The winning run came in on a throwing error to third. There were also a few other errors during the game and it cost us. We have Philadelphia tomorrow for a makeup game and then we’re on to the Padres. There are still thirty games left, so our post season aspirations aren’t over yet. We’re a good September team and we’ll make it.
I finished chapter 28 yesterday and I’m starting chapter 29 today. It’s Wednesday, two and a half weeks since I submitted my last book Grandpa’s Faerie to the Tattered Cover book store. It is supposed to only take two weeks, but their website said they were going through some changes. I still haven’t heard from them. So, I don’t know if that’s bad news or not. If it is, I’m going to try Barns and Noble next. I was even thinking about this small chain of local convenience stores. I saw a small book section in one of them. I think I’m going to find out who the owner is and see if I can get him to put them on his shelves.
Not too much is happening on the home front. School takes up a lot of the girl’s day. My eldest daughter was named Battalion Colonel or Commander (For the life of me, I can’t remember which one she said. I was even paying attention and everything.) for her JROTC. My son has been hitting the pavement really hard looking for a job. They’re getting closer and closer to moving out. He’s been working handing out fliers and tattooing people. But, he needs a steady job if they are going to make it. My youngest daughter received her driver’s permit today. I was surprised that she didn’t even ask if she could drive to school. We were running a little late. That was probably why. My wife is trying to organize a family reunion get together for her dad’s side of the family. Most of them came out to my daughter’s sweet sixteen, but they want to try getting everyone there. It should be fun.
Well, time to get to work. -Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment