Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Aug 10th

Well, that did it. The Rockies lost one to nothing and it dropped us down into fourth place in our division. I was expecting a win today because it was our ace on the mound. If or should I say when he wins his next game, he will have broken the club record for the most wins in a season. He is tied with the record right now. Well, what can I saw? We only lost by one and there is always tomorrow.
I’m helping a guy at work again today with his C++ programming class. He needs to write a program that reads in a letter and then counts all of the letters individually, giving a total for each in both upper and lowercase. Then, gives the percentage of each letter’s usage and prints it out into a file. And, everything has to be done in functions instead of in the main. I started it yesterday for him and I only had an hour. I typed it upstairs and I think I was trying to do too much, because when I got downstairs to compile it, it was a mess. Today, I’m just going to go through and make sure each function works and then throw them together. It shouldn’t be too hard. I just need to take thins slowly and go for simple instead of elaborate.
I finished Chapter 21 yesterday and I’m starting chapter 22 today. I’ll work on it upstairs and then on my buddy’s program downstairs. That way I’ll have time for each. I think I’m going to finish chapter 15 in the Great Detective also. I didn’t have a way to end it the other day and it came to me last night. I would have done it last night, but I was screaming on chapter 21.
Nothing really significant happened at home today. It’s my last day of overtime and I didn’t really get to see anyone. I tried to go to sleep when I got home, but couldn’t for a few hours. Then, when I woke up I had to go back to work. Tomorrow will be different. I’ll have time to spend with the family. It’ll be nice.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment