Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Aug 4th

It’s Aug 4th today. That’s my daughter’s birthday. She’s 16 and the first thing she wants to do is go get her driver’s permit. I’ll take her as soon as I stop working all of this overtime. We’re going to celebrate her birthday on Saturday. We have a huge party planned. I’m sure it’ll go good, but we had just a little family get together today. We had cake and sang happy birthday. It was nice. I got her a glass doll inside a wire carriage made up in the same colors as her sweet sixteen dress. Of course it was supposed to be ready last Saturday and it wasn’t ready until today. I would have given the guy that sold it to us a piece of my mind, but my wife was the one that kept going down there to pick it up. I’m so lazy. But, if it wasn’t going to be ready today, I would have gone down there and demanded my money back.
The Rockies had a two game series with the Giants yesterday and today. We had a bad outing yesterday. We lost 10 to nothing. Our veteran pitcher has been in a huge slump and hasn’t lasted more than three innings in a long while. He gave up four or five runs in the first inning. I was so upset, I don’t even remember how many it was. Anyway, even after they took him out, we didn’t make any of the runs back. It was pretty bad. But, on the plus side, we spanked them today. The final score was 6 to 1. Our ace pitcher Ubaldo Jimenez was on the hill and he is now 17 and 2 which beats the team record. Carlos Gonzales also hit two homeruns in the game and Tulo also got one right on the back of Gonzales’s. It was a much better game. We have the Pirates again in Pittsburg tomorrow. We definitely need to give them some payback. Then, the countdown is on. Football is back on Sunday. That’s only 4 days away. We are playing the Bengals at 5:00 Denver time. It’s an away game so no chance of going. My wife was trying to get me and my brothers tickets to the first home preseason game against Detroit Lions. But, we waited too long and missed out. That’s ok. I would rather go see a regular season game.
I started chapter 18 yesterday. I’m hoping to get pretty far into it tonight. I’m putting Boston, Chicago, and REO Speed wagon in the playlist to play in the background, and I’m set to go.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment