Thursday, August 12, 2010

Aug 12

I took the family out to see a movie today. They didn’t want to see anything good. They picked a girl movie called Charlie St. Cloud. They said it was pretty good, but I was wanting some action. So, I watched Salt. It was action packed and the story was pretty good. It was kind of obvious who the bad guy was going to be, but I’m going to put in on my wall of good movies. Of course since I went into one theater and everyone else went into the other, they had control of the popcorn. A movie, even an action movie, isn’t as good unless you have popcorn to go with it. That’s ok, I’m going to take them out to another one on Sunday. This time, I’m going to take control of the popcorn.
The Rockies dropped another one to the Mets. It wasn’t a televised game. (Which, is why we were able to go out and see a movie during the week) That dropped us back down into fourth place. We’re way out of first and second, so we really need to get on the ball if we’re going to overtake them or get into the wild card.
I worked mostly on chapter 16 of the Great Detective yesterday. I finished it and then worked a little on chapter 22. I didn’t get very far, but I put down a few pages. I’ll finish 22 today and think about chapter 17 for tomorrow.
That’s about it for today except my boss hit me up with some more overtime. It’s not as much so I’m not complaining. At least I’m getting some good paychecks. It was payday today and it didn’t all go to bills. Woo hoo.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment