Sunday, August 29, 2010

Aug 29

I had a fun weekend. On Saturday, I took the family out to the movies. We saw the Expendables. It was action packed and there were a bunch of stars in it. The story wasn’t too bad. Jet Li had a bunch of good lines. Then, we walked the mall. (That was the only bad part of the day. There were a million shoe and clothing stores. My wife and the girls hit every one.) We were just getting to the second floor when my son dropped off the baby. We decided to go to Chuck E Cheese. It’s a birthday party place for little kids. They have games and pizza and stuff. My Granddaughter loves it, but is still afraid of Chuck E Cheese. He’s a giant mouse that sings and stuff on a stage while the birthday parties are going on. The pizza wasn’t very good, but we managed to spend a lot on the games. My wife goes crazy for one of the games where you roll the little balls up a ramp to get them inside holes marked with points. She’s pretty good at it and always seems to get the most reward tickets. When she’s playing, she’s in a zone. So, the rest of us take turns taking the baby to play the other games. I got her to take some pictures. I was going to scan them and upload them to one of my websites, but I didn’t get the chance to get to the computer today. One of the nephews came over and the kids were downloading songs all day. Hopefully, I’ll get them scanned sometime this week. I know I’m say things like that, but I’m really going to make an attempt to get it done.
It was also a great weekend for sports. The Rockies took two of the three from the dodgers. I was getting kind of worried when they dropped the first game. It was with our ace pitcher Ubaldo Jimenez. We were doing ok until the eighth inning. We were keeping it at 1-0 our favor. Then, they got a run and into a little trouble with base runners. They changed the pitcher and he walked the bases loaded. Of course, they had to hit a grand slam. We were toast after that. But, they made up for it on the next two games. Yesterday’s was kind of close, but today’s game was a runaway. We beat them 10-5. Carlos Gonzalez hit two home runs by himself and even the pitcher got two hits, one to score a run. Then, the Bronco game came on. We were playing the Steelers. We had lost the first two preseason games. But, during those two our first string players didn’t look too bad. Today, they played the whole half and they did great. I think we’re going to have a really good season this year.
I’m going to work on chapter 27 today. I should finish it. If I do, I’ll finish up chapter 18 of the Great Detective. We’ll see. I’m putting on some Billy Joel, Rod Stewart, and Fleetwood Mac in the playlist in the background so I guess it’s time to go.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment