Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Aug 24

Dare we get our hopes up? The Rockies have won three in a row. If we win tomorrow, we sweep the Braves. But, then we have a day off. That has been our bane all season. We’ll get a good run going and then forget everything after a day of rest. All right, I’m hooked. We might be ten or eleven games out of first place, but I’m still holding out for them to at least get a wild card. They played really well today, and it was nice to be able to sit back and watch a whole game.
I almost didn’t get to watch it. I took my youngest to the DMV today to get her permit. She only missed 4 questions and we were the last ones in the line before they shut the doors. But, on the way home, I missed the turn and we got stuck in rush hour traffic. Yes, we were out there for quite a while. Needless to say tempers were flaring. My wife said something to me and I snapped back. So, she punished me by not speaking to me for the rest of the day. (Shucks, I had to watch the game in peace) Oh well, I learned my lesson. With all of the traffic, we just arrived in time to see the first pitch.
I was off most of the day today, and I had planned on getting some work done on chapter 26. But, my granddaughter wanted to play. So, I spent the day with her. It was much better than what I had planned. We played dolls and for some reason, one of her babies had to go pee about a hundred times. So, I changed a hundred doll diapers. It wasn’t as bad as it sounds. We also went to the store and bought chocolate and orange drink when we were supposed to make sandwiches for lunch. Then, we rounded out the day by coloring puppies and smiley faces.
The girls had their first day of school today. My oldest is a senior and my youngest is a sophomore. So, when I asked them how their day went, I got the standard answer. “It was fine.” At least they fit me in between texting. Still, they looked good in their uniforms and even though they had to wake up early again, they looked like they had fun. I’m sure it was good to hook up with all of the friends they didn’t get a chance to see over the summer.
A while ago, I had my daughter set up a twitter, facebook, and myspace account for me. One of the guys from my online fantasy writers group said that I had to set them up and use them to network and drive people to my webpage or I’d never sell any of my books. So, I did. And, the only thing I’ve really kept up with was this blog. But, I attached it to those other sites. The other day, one of my friends on Facebook sent me a list of people from Wickenburg where I grew up and went to school. I was amazed how many people there were out there that I knew. I clicked on them all and it was like going to a class reunion. I should have really looked at that site more closely. It was fun going through their pictures and seeing what they’ve done and what they look like now. Some of the places some of them have gone were amazing. I really need to get out more. It’s going to be fun to see if any of them remember me.
Since I didn’t get any work done on chapter 26 today, I’m going to get it done tonight. I don’t think I’ll have a chance to begin 27, but we’ll see. I also didn't get a chance to update the website. I'll do that on Thursday. I would do it tomorrow, but I have to work overtime again. I put some Ratt, Scorpions, and some Dokken in the playlist. So, it’s time to get going.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment