Thursday, August 19, 2010

Aug 19

It was a much better day today at work. I’m still working some overtime, so it was a long one. But, long is better than terrible. I did finish the new chapter 22 and I began the new chapter 23. I should be able to get pretty far into 23 today. I’ve got a playlist ready to go with a bunch of White Lion, Aerosmith, and Tesla. So, as soon as I finish this blog, I’ll be ready to go.
The Rockies pulled out a win last night. It was a low scoring game, kind of like tonights. That continues their flip flopping between wins and losses. Unfortunately, tonight seems to be adding to that annoying streak. It’s the bottom of the seventh and the Dodgers are winning 2-0. I have confidence in my club that we’ll pull out a ninth inning save, but the stats are against it.
My son, my nephew, and my niece were able to help move my brother. (They got the big stuff) For some reason, nothing was ready when they got there, even though my brother said that he was going to have it ready. So, they weren’t able to make as many trips as they thought.
My wife and the girls planned on going to the movies today. Instead, they went to buy clothes. She said that she got some good stuff. (The only good thing about working so much overtime is that I have an excuse not to go shopping.)
It’s nice that the girls are both in high school. They start on Tuesday and they had to get all of their stuff ready. It took only one trip to the store for school supplies. When they were smaller, we had to go to about ten different stores because their school lists were so long and invariably, one thing on the list would be sold out wherever we went. I remember one year, our first year in New Jersey, it was book covers. At the time, I didn’t even know what a book cover was. We went everywhere and we weren’t the only ones looking. I don’t know where we found them, but that next summer when they were in great supply, we stocked up. After moving back to Denver, I found a bunch of spares in one of the boxes. It turns out that the kids here don’t use them. It must be a Jersey thing.
Speaking of New Jersey, they have convenience stores out there called Wawas. They are like 7-11s out here. Anyway, the best thing about Jersey is the Wawa ice tea. When I was there, it was .99 cents and I would get one just about every day. I can’t remember if it was a one or two liter container, but I would bring one to work and it would last all day. Then, I would get one on the way home and it would last all night. Needless to say I miss them, but I found a really good substitute. The Burger Kings out here have switched to Gold Peak ice tea. And, their black tea is at least as good as a Wawa ice tea. I’m going to have to make many more trips to Burger King from now on.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment