Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Aug 18

Today was a baaaaaaad day at work. It seems like I can’t do anything right. Well, tomorrow is a new day and today is in the past. So, let’s forget about that and move on to other stuff. The Rockies are tied today. It’s the bottom of the 6th. They aren’t winning yet, but at least it isn’t another blowout like yesterday. We lost 6-0. That was a bad one. My brother had to rub it in that his Padres are nearly ten games over us at the moment. I need the Rockies to get going on that winning streak we’ve all been waiting for or I’ll be hearing about the Padres for the rest of the year. At the moment, we are still in third place in our division, but there is that big gap between third and first.
I’m nearly finished with the new chapter 22 and it looks like I’m going to have to add a new chapter 23. I should finish 22 today and get a good jump on 23. Then, we’ll be back on track.
My other brother forgot to pay his rent this month and he is being evicted. (He’s been going through a very rough time for the last couple of years. He moved down to Denver and it took him a little while to get a job. Then, he moved into his own place too quickly. Now, it’s all catching up to him again.) My son and our nephew are going to help him move out before they throw his stuff outside. He’s going to move into my brother’s basement for a week or so. He said that he has an apartment lined up for Friday, but if he didn’t pay his rent, I’m not sure where the money is coming from.
School starts in less than a week. That’s going to be nice. My girls are both doing JROTC again and my youngest is helping manage the soccer team. It’s the last year of high school for my eldest. They are both excited and ready to get back into it. The biggest problem is going to be the same one we face every year. They’ve been staying up too late and then sleeping in. This is the week we need to break them of it. It looks like it is going to be a loooooong week
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment