Friday, August 6, 2010

Aug 5th

It looks like this is going to be a short one. I had to go to a CPR class today. Of course it had to be on my own time. But, at least I got paid for going. It was a four hour class and the instructor kept trying to get us to want to extend it out to five hours. We, the students in the class, wanted to see if we could decrease it to only three hours. I had gone through it before, but I guess my CPR license expired after two years. So, to work it around my work and overtime schedule, I ended up getting off work. Sleeping for three hours, getting up and going to the class, going home to sleep for another three hours and then get back up to go to work. Yep, that was fun. Tomorrow is a twelve hour day, but I have Saturday off. It’s my one day off this month. And, it’s my daughter’s sweet sixteen birthday party. So, at least I get to enjoy my day off.
At some point today, the Rockies lost to the Pirates. I didn’t get to see it of course. It puts us tied with the Giants for third and fourth place in our division. We need to get on the ball and start cranking out some victories. The Padres have a seven game lead while they sit in first place. We have plenty of time to overtake them. But, we have got to crank out some wins.
I finished another chapter in the Great Detective today. And I finished chapter 18 of Kidnapped yesterday. For some reason, I’ve been on a roll. I have some Bad Company and Skynyrd in the playlist. It’s time to get going again.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment