Monday, August 2, 2010

Aug 2

It has been raining and raining today. It was one of those days where you want to spend the whole day in bed and just watch movies. So, that’s almost what I did. I couldn’t stay in bed, so I went out into the living room and watched some movies. They were pretty good. I watched Splice. It was about a couple of scientists that were splicing together genes from different animals to create vaccines. They made a different species of life and then from that they added human genes into the mix. It grew into a baby, so the girl scientist wanted to keep it and raise it as her own. The guy scientist didn’t want to keep it and tried to kill it. Of course the girl won. Then, as the critter grew, the guy wanted to keep it and the girl wanted to get rid of it. She was a little bit crazy anyway. But, it was a good monster and a pretty good movie. I also watched Cop Out with Bruce Willis. It was really funny. Bruce Willis’s character needed to raise money to pay for his daughter’s wedding, so he was going to sell a baseball card. Things get out of control and the card gets stolen by the bad guys he’s chasing. The other guy, Tracy Morgan, his partner made the movie. He was hilarious. Anyway, what I should have done was go to the store with my wife. For some reason she was mad at me for staying home and doing nothing. Oops. I’ll make it up tomorrow… oh wait, I have to go in early tomorrow. I’ll have to make it up to her on Wednesday.
I finished chapter 16 yesterday and I’m starting chapter 17 today. But, first I’m going to jot down a few notes. I was driving home from work yesterday listening to the radio and I got an idea for a new book. It wouldn’t let me sleep because I was thinking about it. I know if I don’t write some of it down, It’ll either drive me crazy or I’ll forget about it. In my head, it doesn’t sound half bad so I don’t want to forget about it. But, if it doesn’t let me get any sleep, I’ll be cranky all the time and no one will want me to go to the store or anywhere else with them and I’ll die a lonely old decrepit man living I a wheel barrel under the bridge somewhere.
There was no Rockies news today because they didn’t play. But, we left on a high note when we swept the Cubs. So, we just need to pick up where we left off and dish out a little punishment to San Francisco. They and the dreaded Padres are both six games over us as we moved up into third place over the Dodgers. We have the Pirates after that and we need to give them a good butt kicking too. I still can’t believe that they beat us two out of three games.
Till tomorrow
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment