Sunday, August 22, 2010

Aug 22

All right, it’s just about time to give up our chances even for the wild card. We dropped two out of three to Arizona. I was hoping that a sweep of the Diamondbacks would launch us into a winning streak, but we didn’t play very well. Even today on our win, we only scored one run. Yes, the pitchers for both teams were outstanding. But, Arizona is at the bottom of the league. If we can’t beat them, we don’t have much of a chance against everyone else. I’m still going to support them throughout the rest of the season, and I hope we get some good wins. But, I don’t think we’re going to make it to the Series. The Broncos also dropped their second preseason game. Kyle Orton did really well again. And, I know you can’t judge the team by the preseason. The coaches are looking for the last few players to fill their rosters, so they have to play the second and third stringers. So, I’m not too disappointed with the outcomes. My wife got me tickets to the Broncos Colts game for my birthday. That’s going to be a great one. I like the Colts and Peyton Manning. I hope they do well this year too, just not against the Broncos. I’ve been watching some of the other games. Some of them look pretty good. This is going to be an interesting season.
I’ve had to insert another chapter into Kidnapped. So, I’m going to work on that tonight. I finished the cover for it today also. I’ll put it up on the website Tuesday. www.thomnichols.com in case anyone wants to check it out. If nothing else, it will get rid of that coming soon picture.
It’s Sunday tonight and I usually don’t work Sundays, but I changed shifts with one of the other guys. The only problem is that I didn’t get a whole lot of sleep this weekend. Since I work nights, I have to change my schedule around on the weekends so that I can spend some time with the family. I do that by getting off on Friday morning at 0600. Then, I drop the wife off at work. I usually get home by 0730. If I eat something, I get to sleep by about 0900, if not, 0800. Then, I get up at 1230 to be back at work by 1400. Then, I get off at 2200. I’m usually tired so I can sleep at night and be awake on the weekend to spend some time with the family. So, Saturday I got up at 0500 and went to visit my mom. She’s trying to move and needed some help with finding an apartment. We found her one, and were going to my brother’s house to see how he was doing. When we got there, he wasn’t there. He was at his new apartment and wanted me to stay so that I could help him move. I had all of the kids, so I took them back to my mom’s house to get our stuff. My wife had to go drop off the baby and then come back to get me after I helped move. By the time we got back to my brother’s house, they had just finished loading up the trucks and left. (Shucks, I missed loading) So, we packed up his kids and drove them to the new place. We arrived just in time to help unload the last few boxes. So, we started heading back to my other brother’s house to get the next load. Well, we were following them and they went one way and we went the other. Their way was quicker and we arrived just in time to watch them load the last few things into the trucks. (Bummer, I missed loading again) So, in other words, I was utterly useless with the helping. Still, I didn’t get to sleep until about 2100. Then, I woke back up at 0700. Since I usually don’t work on Sundays, I hung out with the family like usual. I watched the games and didn’t get a chance to take a nap. So, I plan on being a tired puppy when I get off at 0600, and I still have to take my wife to work. So, I’ll be up for twenty four hours. It’s ok. I brought some cookies to keep me company tonight.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment