Friday, May 6, 2011

May 6

Something happened to the dog today. When I woke up, I didn’t notice that she wasn’t around. She is usually outside when I get up and doesn’t come inside until my wife gets home. When she did today, she asked where Canela was and I had no idea. Everyone went out looking for her, but she was nowhere in sight. We had the fence pretty secure. It would have taken her a lot of work to get out of the fence. So, we’re thinking that someone came into the yard and took her. I would hate to think that she was out lost somewhere with nothing to eat and unsure how to get back home. If someone did take her, I hope they are taking care of her.
The Rockies are still playing again. The game was delayed to celebrate Willie Mays’s birthday. So, I only got to watch the first half hour of the game. We’re up three to nothing at the moment in the sixth. Yesterday, I was so upset. We were up by two for the whole game until the ninth inning. Then, the Diamondbacks got two homers to tie us. We went into overtime and they beat us in the eleventh. It was very frustrating. We had a bunch of opportunities, but we just couldn’t capitalize. Today is going to be different. Ubaldo is doing great on the mound and everyone is hitting pretty well. I’m off for the weekend, so I’m finally going to be able to see a whole game. That is unless we do something as a family. We’re going to have a barbeque on Sunday for Mother’s Day, but it should be over before the game ends.
My eldest daughter had her awards ceremony for JROTC. I didn’t get to go, but my wife took her mom and my mom. They got a bunch of pictures, but I forgot to bring them so I could post them on Facebook. I’ll do that tomorrow. She received two metals. The only bad thing that anyone said about it was it was too hot. They had it outside on the school football field and the sun was blazing down.
I’m really looking forward to this weekend. For some reason, this last week seemed off. I just couldn’t get things together. It’s time for a new week.
I didn’t get any work done yesterday. I tried, but I just wasn’t into it. I’ll definitely get something done today. I’m putting Rush, America, Deep Purple, Eric Clapton and Pat Benatar in the playlist for background music. (After the game of course)
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment