Friday, May 13, 2011

Friday the 13th

TWELVE to SEVEN, what a way to spend the only Friday the 13th this year. Now that’s the way we should be swinging the bats. Yesterday the Rockies fell out of first place in our division. We lost the first game of the season and that was the only time that we had been something other than number one. Well, it must have set a fire up under the players, because we turned around and started hitting base hit after base hit. It was a beautiful thing to watch. Unfortunately I had to come to work and missed the last two innings. But, when I got here, our nine to seven turned into a twelve to seven win. Yeah buddy. The giants lost today, so we are now officially tied with them in first place. We play the Padres two more times over the weekend and then we play the Giants here at home. This is our chance to pull back into the lead. When we beat them, that will put us two games over them and back into the lead. Let’s hope that the hitting slump is over for good and we can start hitting a couple of good winning streaks. We need our May to be much better than our April.
For being in the bottom of our division, the Padres really gave us a run for the money. We came off strong in the first inning, but they kept slowly eating away at our lead. They just wouldn’t go quietly into the night. And, we had some good pitching. But, every time they got a run, we struck back the next at bat and took it away from them. It was a very good game. I’m going to have to watch the replay tomorrow.
My wife woke me up accidentally this afternoon a little after one and naturally I couldn’t go back to sleep. So, I’m going to be tired tonight. But, I get to sleep in tomorrow so it’s all good. Since I was up, I nearly finished chapter 3. I’m a stone’s throw away from it, so I’ll definitely finish it tonight. Then, it’s on to chapter four. I have been flirting with the idea of going back to the River of Magic. Some ideas have been jumping into my head and I want to get them down on paper before I forget them. So, I might work on both of them tonight.
I just got a call from my boss saying that the big boss is on his way down here, so I might not get as much done as I thought. We’ll see how long he stays. It usually isn’t very long. But, he might give me another project. Bummer. Until then, I’m putting Queen, Def Leopard, and Pink Floyd in the playlist for background Friday night music.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment