Tuesday, May 17, 2011

May 17

The Rockies pulled out another one. We had a GREEEEEAAAAAT eighth inning. We were down one to three most of the game. Ubaldo put in his best showing. He stayed in the game until the sixth or seventh. I can’t remember at the moment. But, in the Eighth, we got into our stride. We put up four more runs and closed out the game in nine innings. It was Carlos Gonzalez that was the hero both today and Monday. He had the break out hit that put us over the top to win the games. We are back in first place in the west and we are heading out to Philly for two days. They are a good team, so this should be an interesting series. We are officially 22-18 and a half game over the Giants.
My eldest daughter had a school ditch day today. I remember my ditch day when I was a senior. My girlfriend at the time and I spent the day in Phoenix. It was fun. My daughter’s ditch day didn’t actually start until after lunch. Since she gets out of school at one forty five, it wasn’t really much of a ditch day. But, I guess you take what you can get. For some reason, my youngest daughter, a junior, also participated in the senior ditch day. I’m not really sure how she worked that, but she did. I should have probably punished her or something, but she was explaining it to me and I just got confused. It was better to just let it go and turn my attention back to the game.
One of the bad things about having an early game is that when it is over, there is nothing else to watch on TV. My kids were so tired from ditch day one of them fell asleep and the other went out with her boyfriend. My wife was at work and my granddaughter went home. So, I pulled up my Farmville and didn’t have much to do on it. So, I waited for my crop to harvest and read through all of the postings. When I was able to harvest my England farm, I was kind of happy because it was going to finish one of the projects and maybe move up to the next set of projects. But, I forgot to use one of my bushels so that I would get double mastery for whatever it was I was growing and was twenty plots off of finishing the project. So, I had to plant the same thing again and wait for another sixteen hours. Bummer.
Yesterday was kind of a depressing day for some reason. I didn’t get much work done. So, I’m going to get started early today. I’m putting the Cars, Kiss, Heart, and Duran Duran into the playlist for background music.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment