Thursday, May 19, 2011

May 19

I don’t know what the problem with a 2003 Suzuki LX-7 is, but no one carries a battery for them. That might be why the previous owner turned the car in. (That, or the fact that it guzzles gas like a baby sucking on a bottle) We were planning on putting a new battery in from the first day we got it. Naturally, after we drove it off of the lot, we found out that the battery only had enough of a charge to start it one or two times. (Another good reason not to go to Go Chevrolet off of I-25, don’t get me started again. Worst dealership in Colorado) For one reason or another, we didn’t get the new one. We just jumped it whenever it didn’t start and told ourselves that we would do it at our next earliest convenience. Well, that never came. (Yeah, we subscribe to the ideal of not doing something today if you can put it off for tomorrow) Anyway, a good friend of ours needed a car to get him to a wedding in Las Vegas. So, we agreed to let him borrow our car in exchange for his car. He didn’t think that his would make it. But, after driving it, it seemed good to me. Actually, it drove very smoothly and best of all, it had a cup holder that would hold my gigantic 7-11 double big gulp cup. To make a long story short, we figured we better get our car up to snuff so that he doesn’t break down in the middle of the Nevada desert. We went everywhere to find a battery without any luck. Finally, we went to Sears auto department. And, what do you know, they had three. They must have been hording them all so that the other stores wouldn’t have any. The only problem was that they were closing. So, we couldn’t get an oil change or tune up or have them put the battery in. So, we bought the battery before it disappeared and my wife was going to put it in, in their parking garage. (It had lights and it wasn’t raining inside) Naturally, we had to go upstairs into the main Sears store to buy tools. When she finally had it switched out, I took the dead battery back to Sears so that they would refund the fifteen dollar core fee. Unfortunatly, the lady at the register didn’t know how to do it. All she knew was how to charge it. So, I had to bring the batter back out to the car and we’ll have to exchange it over the weekend when competent people are working. Then, we threw in a couple of quarts of cheap oil and decided to do the oil change when our friend comes back. It was quite an adventure.
Speaking of adventures, Jason Giambi hit three homeruns in today’s game. It was awesome. He had a couple more at bats and I was on the edge of my seat hoping he would hit another one. But, I had to settle for the 7-1 win. But, one homerun is great. Two is awesome, three in one game is incredible. The announcers said that there had been fifteen players that have hit four in one game, and on one of them the team that hit the four in one game didn’t even win. That’s scary. I’m defiantly going to have to watch the replay tomorrow.
My granddaughter is spending the night tonight. My daughter in-law was hired on full time and the kids wanted to celebrate. I think we were driving my wife a little crazy. When the two of us get together, we tend to be a little loud. But, we were having fun. Her favorite baseball player is Giambi, so we were having fun rooting for him while he was up. She also learned a new word. She had a toy cowgirl and horse we were playing with. So, as I was making the cowgirl jump onto the horse, I said Yippee-ki-a. She liked it and started saying it whenever someone said something to her. But, I left off the person’s name at the end. She was very adamant about saying Yippee-ki-a Grandma or Yippee-ki-a Grandpa. I guess everyone needed to know who she was talking to.
Well, time to get to work. I’m putting old Van Halen, when David Lee Roth was still in the band, Dio, Twisted Sister, Scorpions, and Kick Axe into the playlist for background music.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment