Wednesday, May 25, 2011

May 25

It was one of those days. Let’s start with the most important stuff. I brought a book to work yesterday. It was what I thought was the next in line in the series. As it turned out, there was one between it and the one that I should have been reading. So, the conundrum was, should I have gone ahead and read it or should I have waited and gotten the other book so I could read them in order. Since I didn’t realize that the book I was reading wasn’t the next one in order until after about thirty pages, I decided to go ahead and read it. If not, I wouldn’t have anything to read and then what would I have done. I was thinking that I could go home and get the right book for today, but by the time I got home from work, I was already a hundred pages into the wrong book. There are only four hundred pages, so I’m just going to read them out of order.
The Rockies lost again. The score was two to one, but I didn’t get to see most of the game. Not only did I keep falling asleep, but it was the American Idol finale. If you haven’t heard already, Scotty won. I was voting for Haley who was voted off last week, but my wife was a Scotty fan from the first time she saw him. Anyway, I didn’t get much sleep today. To start the day, the city was cutting down the tree that fell on my car the other week. Naturally, they started right when I got home after dropping the little woman off at work. So, instead of sleeping, I got to hear a lot of buzzing. That lasted until after nine. Then, everyone kept waking me up to do things. So, I wasn’t too alive for the game. I kept nodding off and my wife would change the channel back to American Idol. I finally just went into the room and fell asleep on the bed. Surprisingly, it was much more comfortable than the computer chair.
Chapter six was kicking my butt yesterday, so I took half the night off. I’m going to get back to it early tonight to get it under my belt. So, I’m putting Kansas, Cinderella, Slaughter, and Pat Benatar into the playlist for background music.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment