Wednesday, May 11, 2011

May 11

The wife wasn’t sure if she liked her new position at the new building. There isn’t much to it, but a large part of her job is to sit there and watch TV. They provide all of the cable channels and pay per view. But, no matter how many times I tell her that I could sit there and watch TV for eight hours a day, it’s not that easy. She tried to watch the regular TV channels, but as everyone knows there isn’t anything worth watching during the day time. So, she watched Speed (Number 1, the good one), 1,000,000 BC, and the Haunting of Mary somebody. I’m pretty sure I watched that one at the theater and I don’t think it was very good. She didn’t say one way or the other. She’s back there tomorrow and then for twelve hours each day of the weekend. We’ll give her until then to decide if she likes it or not.
The Rockies were rained out today. I think I heard that they are going to make it up tomorrow. I hope so. If not, that will be two days without baseball. We lost yesterday’s game 4-3. It was rain delayed during the seventh inning. But, tomorrow is supposed to be in the 70s, so it should be a nice day for it.
Like every other day this and last week, I didn’t get a chance to get any work done. People are going to start talking if I don’t get going on it. I thought I was going to have plenty of time yesterday, but it just didn’t work out the way I wanted it to.
My eldest daughter didn’t have to take the bus to the Army today. It was rained out like the game. It was only PT training. They’ll probably have them make it up tomorrow. My youngest daughter’s ankle is still swollen. She went to school today and even stayed after to help with the soccer practice. She was supposed to use a cane to help her walk, but she didn’t want the other kids to make fun of her. So, she just tuffed it out and kept it wrapped up.
Since there was no game on, I ended up watching American Idol. They are already down to the final four, with one more going home tomorrow. I thought I was going to watch it when it started, but I would much rather watch baseball.
Not much else happened today except I got a really bad chicken sandwich from McDonalds. It was all dry and shriveled. Not worth the price.
I’m putting Journey, Yes, A-ha, Blondie, Sheena Easton, Men at Work, and 38 Special into the playlist tonight. Time to get started.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment