Wednesday, May 4, 2011

May 4

Today was just a bad day for sleeping. My wife had a meeting at the office today, so she came home around ten or eleven. I tried to go back to sleep, but couldn’t do it. Then, the baby came over to play and I spent a few hours tickling and turning her upside down and playing monster. I got a little sleepy after dinner. I think I dozed in the chair waiting for the game to come on, but didn’t get to sleep until it started. I did wake up in time to see the Rockies slam home a few runs. They had a couple of really good hitting innings. Chris Ianetta banged in a three run homer. Todd Helton slammed two runs in on a double. He’s going to surpass the all time double record this year as long as he stays healthy. That will be real nice. We ended up losing yesterday 4-3. The game is still going on again tonight. I have the radio on, but it’s not the same as watching it. My granddaughter told me she wants to go to another game. So, I guess that settles it. I’m going to have to get some tickets pretty soon.
My eldest daughter was processed in at her Army company today. She has her official military ID and less than thirty days until she graduates. After that, she’ll be on her way to boot camp. I need to get a new Army sticker for the car. The other one was totaled after the tree fell on it. I’m sure she can get me one though.
Not much else happened today that I know of. So, I better get started. I’m putting Pink Floyd in the playlist tonight. I was going to put some other bands, but there were just too many good Floyd songs.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment