Monday, May 16, 2011

May 16

Ok, the Rockies are up and down. We dropped the series to the Padres after a really good Friday game. But, San Diego is really making a run for something. They also beat Arizona today. Their bats are really kicking butt. Which is bad for me because my brother is a big Padres fan. But, we came back and spanked the Giants today and they had their ace pitcher Lincecum on the mound. They started off with a one run lead. Then we came and got a couple. Then they came and got a couple. Then, we had a rocking sixth inning. Seth Smith started it off with a solo homer and Carlos Gonzalez finished it off with a three run homer. We ended up beating them seven to four. Our Pitcher Mortensen did a great job. And Huston Street, our closer, pitched nine pitches all strikes to end the game. It was sweet.
My daughter finally found her prom dress tonight. It’s nice. The prom is in a few days. The school kept saying it was canceled and then on again. So, we waited until the last minute to get her a dress. My youngest wanted to go to it also. (The only reason it is on again is because they are letting the juniors go. Not enough participation with only the seniors) But, since we waited so long, we couldn’t afford to get two dresses on such short notice. By the way, school is out in a week. I’m sure it took forever for the girls, but it kind of crept up on me.
My wife went to work at the WB building again this weekend. She brought a book and played on the computer instead of watching TV all day. It made the day go by much quicker. But, it sucked for me. She was working seven to seven both days. On Saturdays, I usually get off work and sleep for a few hours and then spend the rest of the day with the family. That way, I sleep at night and reverse my schedule. Since she wasn’t there, I slept until three which is my usual wake up time. But, that meant that I couldn’t sleep at night and just messed me up for the whole weekend. But, I shouldn’t talk, she isn’t very familiar with the area out in Broomfield and didn’t know where to go for lunch. So, she got a hotdog at a gas station convenience store. (Big mistake) She was paying for that all day today and last night.
I created a new monster. I got my mom hooked on Farmville. She was playing it over the weekend and I helped her with some of the things today when I went over to visit. Now, she’s a mean green Farmville machine. So, if she friends or neighbors you, you better respond. She wouldn’t slap you around or anything like that. But, she might not make you cookies or goodies anymore.
Speaking of goodies, my nephew wants to get another Chuck E Cheese family get together started. He didn’t get to make it to the barbeque two weekends ago and it was his daughter’s first time going to Chuck E Cheese. She loved it and I’m sure she’s been badgering him to bring her back. So, that will be fun.
I finished chapter four over the weekend. I’m starting chapter five tonight. I didn’t work on the River of Magic like I thought. So, I might try to get some of that done this week. But, Gremlin Planet is cruzin right along. I’m putting some Led Zeppelin, Phil Collins, Boston, and Styx in the playlist for background music, so I better get started. As I was driving over, after the game ended, a Metallica song came on the radio. I was going to have a nice rock and roll night, but it’s hard to bang your head and type at the same time. Besides, I had already started putting some of that other stuff in.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment