Friday, May 27, 2011

May 27

What is going on with our Rockies? This month can’t get over fast enough for them. We dropped another one. That’s like four in a row now. This one was a bad one. We ended up 10-3. Embarrassing. We play the Cardinals again tomorrow and Sunday. Then, we have a west coast divisional smorgasbord. We have San Diego, LA, and San Francisco. Something has to give and it would be a good time for it to happen before we hit those teams.
Did you know that it is much easier to fall asleep while watching a game on a bed than it is on a sofa or chair? Yep, it is. When I woke up, I couldn’t find the remote anywhere. I went to sleep late, so I slept in a little and no one was home when I got up. (They were letting me sleep. It was very nice of them) But, when I did get up, I couldn’t turn on the TV. We had broken that button off a long time ago. So, I needed the remote. I searched everywhere. Finally, I called my wife. She said that she put it down somewhere while she was sorting clothes for laundry. She said that she thought it was in the bedroom. So, I tore apart the bedroom looking for it. No luck. So, I started watching TV in the room on the bed and yep, I fell asleep again. When I woke up, the score was three to three. Then, everyone came home. I got up to eat and when I tried to go back into the room, my youngest daughter was on the bed watching something else. So, I played with my granddaughter until it was time to go to work. As I was leaving, my wife found the remote. It was inside the laundry basket near the bottom of all of the dirty clothes.
There was some good news today. My eldest daughter’s boyfriend is an artist. He’s pretty good too. So, I asked her if she would ask him to draw some pictures for me. (I’ll pay him of course) So, what I’m going to do, with his help, is turn one of my books into a comic book or a graphic novel. I’m going to condense it and lay it out and he’s going to draw the pictures. Then, I’ll scan them in, arrange them into pages, add the lettering, and get them published. I’m very excited. If there is anyone out there that doesn’t know me, I love comic books. I started collecting when I was in grade school and I didn’t stop until my kids started getting bigger. I managed to collect about 13 thousand. I had to sell off a bunch when I wrecked my car and had to get a new one. (All of my X-men are now gone. I had # 1, #94, and Giant size #1. They are the three biggies in X-men world. But, I needed a new car) Then, it just got too expensive and I had to give them up. (I flipped a coin to see if I would keep the kids or keep collecting comics. It was tails) So, now, instead of collecting I’ll make one or maybe more. I don’t think one graphic novel will contain everything from the book even if it is condensed. I might have to split it and make two. That’s even better. I’m going to start with Centaur Planet. If it goes pretty good, I’ll make some of the others. But, since there are two and a half sequels to Centaur Planet, I’ll probably finish that series off first. That is as long as my daughter’s boyfriend can keep pumping out the pictures.
I missed making a blog entry yesterday, because I was just too excited to do anything. Something really good happened and it was just one thing off from being something really great. But, it’s a secret and I can’t put it in here because someone in the family might be reading it.
As a consequence to my graphic novel aspirations, I have to put Gremlin Planet on hold for about a week. I made a list of characters for my daughter’s boyfriend to practice drawing while I draft out how the condensed book will look. So, I am going to start that today. It’s going to take a while, because I’m going to re-read it while I make the draft so as not to miss anything. That means that I need to start now. I’m putting Steely Dan, Eagles, and ZZ Top in the playlist for background music.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment