Friday, May 20, 2011

May 20

Not a good way to start a Friday at work. Every workday, I stop at 7-11 to get a double big gulp of ice tea. It’s a huge cup and I make it last all night. Well, today I stop off and everything is going fine. I get halfway to work and as I turn a corner, there it went. The whole thing dumped down onto the floorboard. I’m not late, but it’s getting tight. Still, I turn around and head back to 7-11. It was nice of the clerk. He let me refill for free. I jump back in the car and head back toward the job. This time, however, I keep my hand over the top. I don’t want to have the same thing happen twice. Then, (Dramatic pause) that stupid seatbelt buzzer goes off at nearly the same place I dumped my ice tea the first time. It is so annoying that I take my hand away from the ice tea and I grumpily reach for the seatbelt. Wouldn’t you know, my ice tea falls again. This time, there is a red light coming up and I manage to stop and scoop the cup up from the lid. It didn’t come all the way off and I was able to salvage about half of the cup. When I got to work, I scooped out all of the ice, but now I’m going to have to clean the car. (It’s not mine)
We are in the bottom of the 13th inning and we took the lead. We are three outs away from beating the Brewers. It’s been an interesting night. Tulo was ejected for arguing with the ump about balls and strikes after getting hosed on a call. Jason Giambi puts home another homer. Awe!!! The Brewers just hit a homer tying it up again. Come on Rockies!!!
My wife is working a ten hour day today. She went in at 3 and is getting off at 1 in the morning. So, we’re playing leapfrog with the car. She’s working close enough to walk over and pick up the car when she gets off, but then she’s either going to have to wake up early tomorrow to pick me up or I’m walking.
There are two outs in the bottom of the 13th, but there is a guy on third. Come on Rockies!!!
I nearly finished chapter 5 yesterday. I was pretty close, but I ran out of time. There were a few other things I had to do.
Going to the 14th inning, Woo Hoo!!!
Anyway, after the game, I’m going to put Bread, Meatloaf, Steve Perry, Gordon Lightfoot, and Jim Croce into the playlist for background music. I should get pretty far into chapter 6.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment