Tuesday, May 31, 2011

May 31

Ok, it’s five to two Dodgers. We’re in the bottom of the seventh. We need to step up the bats and catch up to these darn Californians. Even though I used to be one, we can’t let them win tonight. If we do, they will tie us in third place. I’m at work and listening to the game on the radio, so this is going to be a short blog.
The big news of the day is that Arizona took over first place from the Giants. They’ve been on a terror starting with us. If I remember correctly, they beat us to start their winning streak. Bummer. They couldn’t have started after us so that we could have won. But, that’s baseball.
I just had a lively discussion with my co-worker. He had to write a paper about women that kill their abusive significant others and get away with it. I don’t want to see anyone get hurt, but I found myself on the opposite side of the discussion because, if it was two guys and one of them killed someone in their sleep like many of these cases go. (Woman killing her husband in his sleep) It is premeditated murder. But, if a woman does it, it’s battered spouse syndrome and she gets off. His paper touched on that point, but it was mostly geared toward the woman’s side. On the other hand, if anyone smacked around one of my daughters, they wouldn’t have the chance to murder her husband in their sleep, because I would already be in jail for doing it for them. (And, it wouldn’t be in his sleep. I would make him suffer for a long time) So yes, I am a hypocrite.
I plotted out the graphic novel all the way to the sixteenth page. I think I’m not condensing it enough. But, these first pages lay the groundwork for the entire book, so I’m not going to be too concerned with it now. We’ll see how it looks in a few more days.
After the game, I’m going to put in something mellow, I’m thinking the Carpenters, Abba, and the Beach Boys.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment