Monday, May 30, 2011

May 30

How many days are there in this month? It’s the 30th, so at least it’s almost over. The Rockies had a very rocky May. Let’s bring in the new month and get started spanking a little butt. I’m tired of being under five hundred. We had something like fifteen hits today against the Dodgers and we only had one run. Wiggy hit our only bomb for a solo run, but that was about it for excitement. We had a really good game on Saturday, we beat the Cardinals 15-4, but we dropped the other two games in the series. So, we’re officially 25-28. We’ll see how it goes tomorrow.
We had a real good Saturday along with the Rockies. We went to the Aurora mall to take in a parking lot carnival. We had the baby and she really wanted to go. But, we had to go into the mall to get shoes or something for the graduation. So that only took about ten hours. By the time we came out, it was sprinkling and getting a little cold, so we decided to go to Chuck E Cheese instead. My mom dropped by and everyone had a lot of fun. We cashed in all of our tickets and had over 6000. We used them to get my graduating daughter a Cinderella Barbie and the baby a little makeup kit. My youngest daughter got the leftovers and had enough to get a ball. I got some pics that I’ll post as soon as I scan them.
After Chuck E Cheese, we went to my son’s house for a family game night. So, we raided 7-11 along the way. Everyone got nachos, slurpees, doughnuts, and whatever. It was kind of funny, there were six of us and as everyone chose what they wanted, they lined it up along the counter. The clerk’s eyes just kept getting bigger and bigger as we loaded it up. I think they thought we were going to just grab everything and run out without paying. But, I treated and everyone walked out with a little bag. When we got to my son’s house, we set up the Monopoly game. It was after nine and a little after we set it up my daughter in-law had to go to bed so she could get up and go to work in the morning. I was a terror at the game. I only had the purple set, but I hoteled it up quickly and no one else could get a monopoly. So, I started knocking people out of the game. My daughter’s boyfriend was first and then my son. When my son went out, he wandered into his room to check on his girlfriend and never came back. I knocked my youngest daughter and my wife out of the game next, but they were conspiring against me by then. When they landed on me, my eldest daughter offered to pay the rent if they would go out to her. So, she ended up getting all of the property, but she couldn’t come up with enough cash to hotel everything up. So, we went back and forth for about an hour until we realized we were the only ones still awake. So, we decided it would be a tie.
Sunday was just a lazy day. We didn’t get home until close to two, so we slept in and then just decided not to really get up. We lounged around catching up on our recorded shows and watching movies. We played a little on the computer but never actually went out of the house.
My daughter’s boyfriend is starting the drawings for my graphic novel. I went out and bought a few drawing pads and he got the pencils and ink. I didn’t actually see him today because I was out most of the day, but I assume he started putting the pencil to the paper. I’m dying to see some of the pages. I only gave him three pages worth of instructions, so I’m going to work on getting him several more tonight. I can’t wait until it is finished.
I was going to take my mom out to see Thor today. I usually spend Monday’s at her house and we were going to a movie at least once a month or so, but we’ve fallen out of the habit. There are several movies that I want to see, but Thor is at the top and its one she wants to see also. But, my brother and his youngest son came over to visit today too. So, we just hung out talking and then played the Monopoly card game. It’s a lot different than the board game, but it is pretty fun. I’ll try to get us out to the movies next Monday. My daughters went and saw Hangover II. They haven’t told me how it was yet, but if it was bad I’m sure they would have said something. The wife and I have been threatening each other to go to the movies for weeks, but we still haven’t gone. This weekend is going to be my eldest daughter’s graduation party, so we probably won’t be going then either.
My brother was telling me that his eldest son who is in college for computer aided drafting is thinking about quitting his part time job so that he will have more free time. He said that his grades are going to start slipping because he isn’t getting enough sleep. So, my brother sat down with him and they added up all of his time between studying, school, and work. It only came up to about 32 hours. I think he’s going to keep the job.
My other brother had an incident. His eldest daughter is diabetic. She has to take insulin five times a day to keep it balanced. Well, she stopped taking it for a few days and nearly slipped into a coma. It was very rough for a couple of days. But, she is ok now. My brother didn’t tell anyone until it was all over.
Well, I better get started working. I’m going to put Stevie Nicks, Billy Joel, and Rod Stewart in the playlist for background music.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment