Tuesday, May 10, 2011

May 10

We had a rain delay during the Rockies game tonight. Right in the middle of Dexter Fowler’s at bat, they called a halt to the game. They didn’t resume until I was already on my way to work. Dex was sitting at 2 and 2 when he got back up and he fouled one into his knee and had to be taken out. We ended up being short one run at the end of the ninth and dropped the second game in the series with the Mets. Carlos, Tulo and Seth all made single homers, but we only had a person in scoring position once during the entire game. We need to get our bats straightened out again, especially because we have a tough schedule coming up.
My wife cooked up some chicken breasts today and oooooohhhhhhh they were sooooo good. I sliced up one and a half into a salad and turned the other one and a half into a chicken sandwich. It was really good. She also made a shrimp cocktail, but I didn’t get any of that. I was too much of a pig with the chicken. But, I’ll get some tomorrow. She made about a punch bowl full. So, there will definitely be seconds.
My youngest daughter hurt her ankle yesterday. It is all swollen up and bruised. She didn’t go to school today and she might not go tomorrow. But, we wrapped it up and put some Icy/hot on it. Using a cane, she’s been walking on it so that it won’t get too stiff. Hopefully she’ll be ok to go to school tomorrow. Even though she didn’t go to school, she wanted us to take her to a Subway that is hiring. She’s trying to get a summer job. We’ll take her on Friday. It’s not the best day for interviews, but I don’t want to take her hurt and Friday my wife is working only a half day. She’ll be able to take her then.
I didn’t even see my other daughter today. I don’t know what she’s been up to. Unfortunately, because of our new car and job situation, she’s going to have to take the bus tomorrow and the next day to the Army. I was thinking that we might have to get a new car sooner than we anticipated, but she’s only going to be in school for another three weeks. I don’t think taking a bus for three weeks will kill her. Besides, my wife probably won’t work way out in Broomfield for that long. They are going to put her somewhere downtown pretty soon. Then, my daughter can just drop her off and take the car.
Well, I didn’t do anything last night. I got stuck on other things. So, I’m going to try to get chapter three done today. It seems like I’ve been on this chapter for a month now. So, now that the Rockies game is over, I’m going to put in ELO, Queen, Eagles, and April Wine in the playlist for background music and get started.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment