Tuesday, May 24, 2011

May 24

The baby didn’t come over today, so I didn’t get to see my granddaughter. But, she should come over tomorrow. It might have been for the better, because the Rockies were playing a double header and I wouldn’t have been able to give her my full attention.
Speaking of the Rockies, We spanked the Diamondbacks on the first game, 4-12. But, we fell a little short on the second game, 5-2. It was pretty rough. The first game was delayed about thirty minutes which was better for me, because I was kind of slow to wake up today and half of the game was over by the time I pulled myself out of bed. The main story of the game was the pitcher De La Rosa. He was hurt and was pulled out of the game. It wasn’t until the second game that we were told he is going to need Tommy John surgery. The second game was a quick one. Tracy was thrown out of the game early when Dexter Fowler came home on a wild pitch. It was very close, and even though I’m a little bias, I say he was safe. The pitcher didn’t get his glove down on Dex until his foot was well onto the plate. After that, we just couldn’t click.
My wife went to train at her new building today. She was supposed to be there for four hours, but there wasn’t that much to learn and she left after an hour and a half. She starts there tomorrow and she might have the rest of the week off because she’s going back to her normal building. We’ll see. If she doesn’t work, I’ll keep her busy. I’ll make her get me breakfast in bed and stuff like that.
I got my car back. The buddy that borrowed it had it cleaned and even put some gas into it. I should have returned the favor, but the game was on. You know how it is. But, it felt good to drive to work in my car again. I know it has only been four days, but it was a long four days.
Today was the last real school day for my eldest daughter. She still has to go to school until Friday, but she doesn’t have to do anything. She only has to go because there is a mandatory amount of days the school has to be open to the students. For example, if a school is closed due to snow, they tack an extra day on at the end of the year. So, she told me that she has to go, but she doesn’t have to learn anything. So, I told her to make sure she learns something today, because it’s her last day of learning. She said that she wouldn’t guarantee anything, but she’d try.
My youngest decided she was going to hit one of her friends. Her friend is a guy and she ended up bruising her hand. That’s what you get for hitting.
I didn’t get as far into chapter 6 as I expected. My idea yesterday didn’t fit as well as I thought it would. But, I should finish it today or get really really close. I’m putting in a bunch of Ratt into the playlist. I was listening to the radio on the way home and whenever they play a Ratt song, they always play the same one. So, I figured I would dedicate today to all of the great Ratt songs out there.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment