Monday, January 31, 2011

Jan 31

Well, the book didn’t get to the editor today. I ended up working thirteen hours and then it started snowing. I just didn’t want to do anything after that. So, it looks like it is going to be tomorrow or the next day depending on the weather. All of the schools are closed tomorrow and we’re supposed to get several more inches overnight. It’s also supposed to be minus ten degrees tonight and including the wind chill, it’ll be like minus thirty. Yeah, I get to work in it. (That was sarcasm by the way. It’s going to be a miserable night.)
Well, our heater blew out today. Yep, it planned it for the weather. So, it was freezing upstairs all day. When my wife got home, she took the girls out to buy a new one. It’s much nicer than the one we had. She didn’t tell me how much it was, but she got it on the target card, so it was five percent off.
My granddaughter didn’t get to come over today. There was too much snow and we didn’t want to have to worry about getting her home and it was too cold up there for her without the heater. But, I think I’m going to get a new picture of her with me to put on the book when it gets finished. I had two different ones when I started so that her as a baby with me was on two or three of the books. Then, her as a one or two year old was on about four or five of them. Then, the one I have on my Facebook page as the rest. But, I had to redo the covers to add a price to them so a local store would carry them and when I redid them, I had to upload a new author picture. I didn’t have the others with me at the time, so I put the Facebook one on all of them. But, I think it’s time for a new picture.
I’m anxious to get started on the next one, but I need to make a synopsis, a cover letter, a query letter, and look up SCI/FI mystery agents and a whole bunch of other stuff. So, this week I’m going to be busy doing that. I’ll let you know when I start the next one. I hope I can get this other stuff done quickly so I can get started.
I think I’m going with an all girl playlist tonight. I heard a Til Tuesday song and it just got me in the mood. So, I’m putting in some Cindy Lauper, Patty Smyth, Janis Joplin, the Go Gos, Bananarama, and Heart.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment