Monday, January 17, 2011

Jan 17

I just couldn’t get to sleep yesterday. It was one of those days where you have to work overtime and every time you look at the clock, its twenty minutes later and you know that you just blew twenty minutes you could have been sleeping. But, I must have gone to sleep eventually, because I woke up and I’m at work.
I spent the day with my granddaughter the other day. It was just me and her. Everyone else was out doing things. She came over hungry, and I didn’t catch on right away. When she got there, she asked for chocolate, because she knows that grandpa almost always has chocolate. But, a little while later, she asked for cookies. Then, a little later she asked for ice cream. I was starting to catch on a little later when she asked for a popsicle. Of course I gave her all those things. So, when I realized that she was really just hungry, she didn’t want to eat the stuff I made for her. So, a little later, we had some spaghetti and everything was ok. (At least it was until my wife got home and found out.) But, the most amazing thing happened. I’m sure it is just me being soppy. But, we went into the bathroom to wash off either the chocolate or the ice cream, I don’t remember which one. I stood her up on the little chair and we got her hands wet. I squeezed out a little soap and she started washing her fingers. It was soooooo cute. She was like a surgeon on a doctor show. She got between each of her fingers and she gave me a lecture on how she has to keep her hands clean. I know I’m just being a grandpa, but it was really cute. It makes me think about my kids growing up. I don’t think I ever watched them wash their hands. Actually, their hands might still be dirty from way back then. I don’t think I ever even told them to wash their hands much less watched them do it.
I finished chapter 65 yesterday. It’s getting down to the wire. Everything is falling into place. I kind of want to rush it so that I can get it finished, but there are still several loose ends that I need to clear up. And, I don’t want to rush them. So, I’m going to put the radio on for background music instead of making a playlist. Time to get going.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment