Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Dec 11

Wow, buying a car sucks. The last time we bought a car, we put it in both my wife and my names. Her name was first on the application because the car guy put her down first. We got the car and then went down to the DMV to get the plates. I wanted to get the USMC plates like we had on our old car. But, since her name was first, they said it was her car and since she wasn’t in the military, we couldn’t get them. I had my DD214 and everything, but they wouldn’t let us get them. So, we need to get another car for my daughter to go back and forth to the Army and College. To make sure I get my USMC plates, we got it only in my name. Everything goes through, but the car guy wants proof of address. That shouldn’t have been a problem, but somehow everything is in my wife’s name only. (Don’t know how that happened) So, we start calling all of the utility and cable places to see if I can be added to the contract so I can give proof of residence. But, everyone wants a new contract. Finally, we get AT&T to agree to transfer everything from my wife’s name to my name. (They wouldn’t just add me on) But, we have to do it online or pay a $35.00 fee. Feeling it is a stupid fee to pay, we decide to do it online. Nearly four hours later, after fighting with the computer, we have to call the help desk again to have them walk us through it. We got stuck on everything from making a new sign on and password to moving each of the services. Their website kept kicking us out and then not letting us sign in and I could go on and on. So, the help desk guy went with us step by step. (Actually my wife, I gave up and was watching TV.) We didn’t have to pay the $35. Dollars, but it would have been much easier for the guy to just do it. Since he had to do it alongside of us anyway, it would have saved us a few hours and him an hour or so. But, we have a new car, so Woo Hoo!
It was laundry day today. When I woke up, my wife was already down at the laundry mat. The girls were supposed to go down there after school, but for some reason they weren’t there by the time I arrived. I called my eldest first. She answered and said she was a block away. My youngest didn’t answer all three calls. She finally called back ten minutes later and said she was at school still, but she was on her way. While we waited, I had to match the socks and fold the towels. (Usually I just load and unload the car. They don’t like the way I fold stuff.) My youngest got there first, and my eldest didn’t get there for another twenty minutes, even though she was only a block away. My youngest was quick to note that she didn’t come in the correct door. While trying to explain that, my youngest caught her in another stretching of the truth. But, we managed to get everything finished. We went to McDonalds afterwards and it was my youngest daughter’s turn to get into trouble. When she tells a story, she doesn’t know how to give out all of the pertinent information. The last time, she said that she had a lot of fun at the soccer tournament. She slept with twenty three guys. That’s not the best thing to tell your dad, especially when you’re just fifteen years old. What she should have said was that she fell asleep between the matches on the grass at the tournament and the rest of her team also fell asleep because they had to get up really early to drive all the way down to Colorado Springs. This time, we were all sitting around the table eating and talking and she said that she likes to play with her friend Alex’s hair when he’s sleeping. She forgot to say that it was during class in school and he just nodded off.
I had a little trouble with chapter 48 yesterday. I decided some of the things were happening too soon, so I shelved it and started over. It turned out ok and I was able to get 49 started. But, it took most of the night and I should have realized it sooner. But, that chapter will fit in later on with just a little bit of tweaking. I’m going to finish 49 today. I’m putting in some Steve Miller, Lynyrd Skynyrd, James Taylor, America, and Alabama into the playlist tonight. I think I’m tired of the one-hit wonders.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment