Monday, January 10, 2011

Dec 10

Yep, I can pick um. I was supposed to be off this weekend, so I was going to veg on the sofa and watch football. Well, it turned out someone quit at work and I just happened to be there. So, I was roped into working. But, I had already made my picks for all four games. Saturday, I thought was a lock. Who was going to beat the Saints and the Colts? But, yep, I was wrong. Then, on Sunday, the games started a little earlier so I was able to see the beginning of the Kansas City game. They were down during the first half, but they were holding their own. I knew that was going to be a close game, and what I watched was close. But, I assumed they would pull it out in the end. But, nope, I was wrong again. Then, I picked the Eagles, so I was 0 for 4. So, to make a long story short, if you want your team to win the Super Bowl, let me know who it is and I’ll vote for the other team. You’ll win for sure.
I did stay up late last night watching a very riveting show on animal planet. It was about infestations. This one lady in Canada was living in a house full of rats. A family in New Jersey was living in a house filled with bed bugs. And, the last family was living in Phoenix in a house full of scorpions. I knew I should go to sleep, but I just couldn’t turn it off. These people were going crazy, and I was just sitting there scratching at imaginary bites just thinking about it. It turned out that the lady in Canada had to move. The rats won the battle with the exterminators and poisons and traps and everything. She was just renting, and honestly, I wouldn’t have stayed as long as she did. Rats really freak me out, and they were running across her feet and she would wake up and see them in her bed. Yeah, I would have been gone. The Phoenix couple owned their house and the scorpion invasion happened when the recession started, so they couldn’t sell their house. They ended up just living with the problem and killing them whenever they found them. The New Jersey family said they spent 18,000 dollars in exterminators and throwing away furniture and stuff, but they finally got rid of the bugs when they hired a company to heat their house to over 120 degrees. As it turns out, the only thing that really kills bed bugs is heat. At 120, they die whether they are eggs or already hatched. The company they hired brought in big tubes and heated it to 150. After seeing that, I really don’t want bed bugs either. My skin is crawling just thinking about them.
It snowed pretty good this weekend. I can’t wait until I win that lottery so I can be rich. The first thing I’m going to do is buy a house with a big garage so I can put my car in it and not have to scrape the windows. I’ll have to hire a kid to shovel the walk too, but scraping windows is worse. Today I woke up early so that I could help my wife get to work on time. So, I shoveled the stairs, the walkway around the house to the front, the front stairs, the sidewalk in front of the house, the sidewalk in front of the two neighbor’s houses (They’re little old ladies and can’t do it themselves), and then I had to scrape the windows from both cars. I had barely gotten started when my wife was down ready to go. I got one drivable and got her off. Then, I finished the other one and went upstairs. I was expecting to take a nice long hot shower. I was sure that my daughter had to be at school at eight. But, I just got my gloves and jacket and stuff off when she called and said that she was ready. So, I had to put everything back on so I could take her to school. Actually, I’m a little disappointed in the school system. They should have given the kids a snow day. Then, I might have been able to go back to sleep for a little while.
I managed to get quite a bit of work done this weekend. I didn’t get started on the cover, but I’m on chapter 47. I’m going to finish that today and start on 48, so I’m just over halfway done. I’m putting on some more one hit wonders for background music. And I better get started.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment