Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Dec 04

My daughter-in-law was in a car accident today. She wasn’t hurt and neither was the car, but it did shake her up a bit. She made a wrong turn and tapped into another car. She said that the side mirror dented her door pretty good. They didn’t stay for the police to show up, but they exchanged insurance. I’m sure we’ll be hearing about it from them in a few days. The car is still in my name because neither of the kids have a valid driver’s license. My daughter-in-law has a permit, but hasn’t gone in for the driver’s test yet. We were thinking about changing insurance companies anyway. We need to get another car, because the kids have that one and me, my wife, and my eldest daughter are sharing mine. Since the insurance went up when my daughter got her license we were going to try to find a cheaper one. Now we’ll have to wait to see what happens.
I had to work during the day for four hours and it was sooooo boring. I had to work downstairs where nothing happens. I survived, but it threw my sleeping off. Since I work nights and usually sleep during the day, I tried to get a few hours in after I got off and before I had to go in tonight. I should have just stayed awake. I don’t think that nap did anything and now I feel like I should go back to sleep.
Speaking of overtime, there are about ten shifts next week open and I didn’t get any of them. I must have made someone mad. But, it’s ok. I can work a normal shift for once.
I finished chapter 30 yesterday so I’ll start chapter 31 tonight. It’s moving along really well so far. I know I shouldn’t project an end date, but I’m thinking the end of January. I think, since I don’t have to work any overtime next week, that I’ll start on the cover. I’ve already got it planned out. It should look ok. I’m putting Duran Druan, a bunch of one-hit-wonders, Deep Purple, Beach Boys, and Rush into the playlist for background music.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment