Monday, January 3, 2011

Dec 03

Bonus checks shouldn’t have taxes taken out of them. It wasn’t much of a bonus, but it was better than nothing. After taxes, it was almost nothing. But, its money my wife doesn’t know about, so it’s still good. I got it today. It was for signing on with the new company that took over the account at work. We get a whopping one fifty after thirty days and another one fifty after ninety days.
My daughter fell down the stairs today. She’s ok, but she did bruise herself pretty good. That’s one of the big drawbacks of snow. It makes stairs and shoes slippery. It came right after she decided to give up her little puppy. One of her boyfriends gave it to her for Christmas. It’s a cute little puppy, but she doesn’t have anyone to watch it while she’s at school. So, she’s going to give it back to the boy so that he can watch it for her. The little guy (girl) came up and pooped on my bedroom floor today. I knew there was a reason I liked outside dogs better than inside dogs.
School starts again tomorrow. (Woo Hoo) I know everyone is looking forward to that. It’s nice for the kids to have some time off at Christmas, but it would be nicer if the adults had some time off to do stuff with them. But, no one ever listens to me.
It was laundry day today, again. It seems like that stuff just piles up every week. It was much better when we had our old apartment with a washer and dryer inside. I don’t know what it is, but I just don’t like going to laundry mats. It’s not like I help much anyway. I would rather mow the lawn or even go with my wife to look at shoes that do laundry.
Well, it’s time to look at my lottery tickets to see if I won or not. The Colorado Lottery had a raffle ticket drawing on the first. The tickets were twenty bucks each, but they were only selling less than one hundred thousand. That sounds like a lot, but there are much better odds than the Powerball or the regular lottery. Speaking of which, I think the Mega Millions is up past three hundred million. I know that’s a looooooong shot, but I better get a ticket just in case.
I didn’t get a chance to get any work done yesterday, so I’m going to get it done today. I’m putting some Jim Croce, Bread, and Paul Simon in the playlist today for background music. So, I’ll start after I check my lotto tickets. If I become the next millionaire, I’ll let you know tomorrow.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment