Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Jan 12

It looks like we’re going to go on vacation. My eldest daughter is going into the army right after she graduates high school. She’s already signed the papers and everything. So, that means she’ll get out of boot camp in August. What we’re thinking is taking a week off. (A weekend, a week, and then another weekend, so we’ll have nine days.) We’ll probably have to take two cars, so my son’s family can go too. We’ll drive from Denver down to Ft. Jackson South Carolina, pick her up, maybe we’ll spend a day or so there to see what there is to see, then drive down to Orlando Florida. The map says it’s about three hundred miles, so it won’t be too bad. We’ll spend a few days there, maybe take in a couple of the parks, check out the beach, and avoid the hurricanes. It should be fun. Then, we’ll drop my daughter off in Georgia on the way back.
We were on the east coast back when we were living in New Jersey, but we never made it down to Florida. Actually, we were there for four years, and we only went to New York, Atlantic City, and Washington DC. We planned on seeing a lot of other places, but we were always working or something came up. Since we don’t live on that side of the states anymore, I think it would be foolish to miss out on the opportunity while we’re there. Because, no matter what, I am going to go to see her graduation. I don’t care if there is no one to work, I’m taking the time off.
I helped my brother move a monster TV today. One of the guys at his job (I think it was his boss) was giving away one of those gigantic wide screen TVs, the ones before they had flat screens. It took up half of the bed of the truck. But, it was free. So, we borrowed my father-in-law’s truck and headed up to Boulder. I told him that I was going to wake up at about three in the afternoon and he was going to meet me at my house. Well, I forgot it was Wednesday and he woke me up at twenty after. Since I forgot it was Wednesday, my father-in-law didn’t remember and took the truck to go pick up the little kids from school. So, after waiting until he came back, we managed to get to Boulder before rush hour. But, we landed right in the middle of it on the way back. (I knew I should have peed at the gas station before we left Boulder.) My Brother lives way down in Centennial (Which is south of Denver), so we got the traffic the entire way. I didn’t get back to my house until nearly eight. But, the guy giving him the TV gave him two TVs instead of just the huge one. So, he made out.
I finished chapter 49 yesterday and I’m starting chapter 50 today. I’m putting Def Leopard, Cinderella, and Wasp in the playlist tonight. On the way to work, they were playing a lot of hard rock and it just got me in the mood. In fact, I might even throw in some Metallica. (Their old stuff, Masters of Puppets and Ride the Lightning, not their new stuff.)
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment