Monday, January 24, 2011

Jan 24

You know it’s going to be a bad day when you wake up and you are already in trouble. I still don’t know what I did while I was sleeping, but I’m going to have to kiss a lot of you know what to get out of the doghouse.
I usually take my granddaughter home as I’m going to work. Tonight, she didn’t want to go. She was having too much fun playing with her cousins. So, when I got downstairs, she didn’t have her shoes or jacket on. My eldest daughter had the rest of her things together, but she wouldn’t let her put on the rest of her clothes. So, I took hold of her foot and tried to put her shoe on. I didn’t do it meanly or roughly, but she started crying. She knew she was going to have to go home. So, as soon as I got her dressed, she didn’t want to talk to me. I was being the mean grandpa that was making her go. So, she latched on to my daughter and would only go if she took her. Tricking her, my daughter brought her out to the car and strapped her in. After she got out of the car, my granddaughter started crying. I tried to calm her down for three songs on the radio, but she just wouldn’t forgive us. So, I implemented the old grandpa standby. I told her if she stopped crying I would stop at the store and get her some chocolate. It was amazing how quickly she stopped crying. (I’m such a bad grandpa) But, while I was at the store, I picked up some M&Ms for me so it all worked out.
I didn’t play as much Farmville as I thought yesterday and I got a lot of work done. I’m starting chapter 80 today. I’m still positive that it will be done by the end of the week. So, to meet my deadline, I better get busy. I’m putting Pink Floyd, Ozzy, and Dio in the playlist tonight for background music.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment