Sunday, January 23, 2011

Jan 23

Well, I’m one for one today in football. And, since I picked the Jets to win the Super Bowl, I’m zero for one on Super Bowl Sunday and it’s still a couple weeks away. The Green Bay Chicago game was relay good. I was voting for Green Bay, but I liked the third string quarterback they put in. He did throw a couple of picks, but he did much better than I expected. The Bears were being blown out until he came in and he brought them back making it a close game. The Jets game was a big disappointment. They also didn’t do much in the first half. But, they came back and made a game of it. If they would have stopped the Steelers on that last play, they would have had a shot. So, now I’m going to have to vote for the Packers in the Super Bowl, because I don’t like the Steelers.
I’m working seven days a week indefinitely again. They fired the new guy for sleeping on the job and they don’t have any prospects yet to fill his position.
My wife made a family get together on Saturday for her side of the family. She made roast, potatoes, green bean casserole, the works… It was incredibly good. I even ate some leftovers for breakfast after I got off work. In fact, I could eat some more right now if I had some. There wasn’t a special occasion or anything. I think we’re going to have to have more of those days.
I Think I’m playing Farmville too much. I’m starting to see little pink upside down triangles when I close my eyes. But, I saw one of my friend’s farms and it is soooo much nicer than mine. He’s about thirty levels above me, but I’m still going to catch up. I just happened to be looking through my uncle’s Facebook friends and found some cousins or maybe wives of cousins or at least someone with the same last name. (I need to be more talkative to my family. I don’t think I’ve even met half of them) I friended them all and some of them play too. I got about a dozen baby trees from one of them which was pretty nice. When they all grow, I can fill up my orchard. Those of you that don’t know what I’m talking about need to play. It’s pretty fun as long as you don’t let it take over your life. My wife sometimes sits at the computer with it open while she’s doing other stuff and watches as her crops grow. But, she finds a lot of stuff and sends it to me, so I’m not complaining. In fact, I’m going to play sometime tonight.
I’m working on chapter 76 tonight. I finished chapter 75 yesterday and I would have started 76, but I was playing Farmville. But, I’ve put off finishing it for a few days. I should be done before the end of the week. Then, I’ll send it off to the editor and wait for the rejections to start rolling in. I’m putting some Who, AC/DC, Aerosmith, and Dokken into the playlist for background music. And, it looks like I found an old Krokus song. Does anyone remember them? I’m going to throw it in as well.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment