Thursday, January 6, 2011

Jan 06

We bought a new car today. Well, it was a used car. But, it was new to us. It is officially my wife’s car, but it will be my eldest daughter’s after a while. (Probably as soon as I pay it off like what happened with my son’s car) It’s a black SUV, like our other car. My car has one of those automatic car unlocking devices on my keychain. So, if they are parked beside each other, I’ll be able to tell them apart by clicking the button. The new car is a Japanese car that starts with an S. I don’t remember which one. We went to the car place originally to get a Saturn. That’s the kind of car we have now and our last two or three before it were Saturns. We found the car on the internet, and when we went down there, someone was buying it. But, I think we got a better one although it was twice what we intended on spending.
Like all car places, we spent about two hours there waiting while they did paperwork. It would be nice to have someone invent a car place where you could go in and pick out the car and drive out with it in less than a half hour. But, they had a nice little play land for the kids. My granddaughter and I had fun playing with the blocks. Then, after all of the paperwork was finished and they handed us the keys, I had to go and open my big mouth. They hadn’t taken our down payment yet. I was standing there like an idiot with my card in my hands looking around for someone to give money too. We could have skated out the door and no one would have known. I’m sure they would have figured it out eventually, but it still would have felt good to have gotten over on them.
My youngest daughter is in the running to be the military ball queen. It is between her and two other girls. The voting is going to be on the fourteenth. I’ll keep my fingers crossed. It’s too bad I can’t vote. But, I don’t want to be back in school. I looked at some of her math homework and the only thing that didn’t look like gibberish was the place that said “Name” at the top.
I finished chapter 36 yesterday. I’m going to start chapter 37 today. I’m just putting in Def Leopard in the playlist today. There are just too many good songs. It’ll take me all night just to listen to them.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment