Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Jan 26

Today’s the day. I’m finishing Cutie Pie, Baby Pie today. I’ll re-read it to make sure there aren’t any problems over the rest of the week and send it off to the Editor on Monday. Then, I’ll send it out for rejection after that. It shouldn’t take more than about two months to be rejected. But, my New Year’s resolution was to try harder to get it sold. So, I might have to send it off to more than the usual two or three places. So, it might take longer than the end of March before I put it up on Createspace and Smashwords. That’ll give me plenty of time to get the cover picture done. When it’s ready, I’ll post a picture of it on Facebook.
After I get all through with all of the boring stuff involved with sending my book out, I’m going to start the next one. It’s called My Private Dance. It’s totally not what I usually write and I have no idea what it’s going to look like. But, it’s itching to come out and I just want to get it over with. After that everything goes back to normal and I’ll begin the River of Magic. In fact, I might even start doing a little of each just so I can have some sanity. After the River of Magic comes Sabertooth and then I’ve been playing around with the idea of putting out a sequel to the Great Detective. I don’t know if that’s going to fit in there or if I’ll start South Tegner, the third book in the K-bar series. That’s a long way off, so we’ll see how it goes and what’s pushing its way out of my head at the time.
The kids are doing ok. My daughter cracked the screen of her new laptop she got for Christmas and her phone was stolen at school. The phone we couldn’t do anything about, because it was stolen. But, we couldn’t get insurance on it from the phone company so we can’t replace it. I’ve been wondering about the laptop, however. Usually you can return things in thirty days. Christmas was only thirty one days ago. Tomorrow it will be thirty two. I wonder if they would still return it. I could tell them that she didn’t open it until a few days after Christmas. I could say she was out of town. But, they would probably go by the purchase date. Oh, well, I guess I’ll have to take it in to a shop. Or, I could just buy the glass and take it apart myself. We’ll see how that goes too.
Well, I’m kind of anxious to finish that last chapter, so I’m going to put some Chicago, Styx, Boston, and REO in the playlist for background listening and get started.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment