Thursday, January 27, 2011

Jan 27

American Idol messed me up today. I was sitting on the sofa watching and my wife was on the computer on the other side of the room. The last contestant of the day came on and she was accepted to Hollywood. The judges told her to bring her family out and had her sing a song with them there watching. So, she has to say that she was going to sing her parents song. My wife heard that and immediately said that our kids could never do something like that because we don’t have a song. I didn’t say anything, because I didn’t want to get in the doghouse. Then, later on, as I was getting ready for work, Two and a half men came on. Their song that goes men men men manly men came on. Well, either we watch that show too much or my granddaughter just likes the words because they’re easy. But, she always sings it. She even does the wooo hooo hooos at the end. So, my wife informs me that even out granddaughter who is only three has her own song and we don’t. I don’t know what I’m going to do, but I have to come up with a song now or I might never hear the end of it.
Cutie Pie, Baby Pie is officially done and I am starting the re-read today. I don’t think there should be any major changes I have to make. There will undoubtedly be some spelling issues. And, there are two places that I know I have to add something. But, by Monday it should be ready to go to the editor. It’s a sci/fi mystery. It’s not what I usually do, but it turned out pretty good if I do say so myself. Like I said yesterday, I’ll put up a link and a picture of it on Facebook when it is ready.
My job decided to have a mandatory meeting on Sunday the 14th. In the memo they passed down, it said that everyone must show up in business casual dress. It also said that there would be disciplinary action against everyone that didn’t show up or didn’t dress appropriately. I don’t know what that’s about. I wonder what they’re going to do when I show up in shorts and a t-shirt. Sunday is my day off (If we stop working 7 days a week) and I like to be comfortable on my day off.
I’m putting some Men at Work, Pretenders, Genesis, and the Monkeys in the playlist tonight for background music and it’s time to get started.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment