Thursday, July 8, 2010

July 9

Woo hoo, the Rockies swept the Cardinals. We’re now only two and a half games out of first in the National League West. We have the Padres next who are in first. My brother is a big Padres fan, so I’ve been giving him as much grief as I can. I was going to take him and his family to the game on Saturday, but we couldn’t get tickets. It was our own fault, we waited too long. But, they hold some Rock Pile tickets until game day. So, I’ll be out at Coors Field two hours before the game waiting to get some seats.
One of my daughters is spending the night over at her auntie’s house, but three of my nieces are coming over to stay at our house. It’s going to be a noisy one tomorrow. But, my eldest daughter is going to be watching them. Hopefully she’ll take them out swimming so I can sleep in. I have to work an afternoon shift tomorrow instead of the graveyard. So, when I get off in the morning, I have to get all the sleep I can.
I didn’t get a chance to work on chapter 13 yesterday. I know I shouldn’t, but I went to Netflix and watched Pandorum on the computer. It was pretty good. I remembered wanting to see it when it came to the theaters, but for some reason I never did. My youngest wants me to take her to the new Twilight movie. I saw a trailer for it and the action doesn’t seem so too bad. When she first started reading those books, I read the first one to see what they were all about. Now I remember why I don’t read romance books. Yep, I think I like my vampires monstrous and bloody.
I’m a little bummed today. My granddaughter was gone most of the day so I didn’t get a chance to play with her. When she got back, she wanted to play with my nieces and I was left out in the cold. And, tomorrow, I work in the day so I won’t be able to tickle her or turn her upside down until the weekend. Well, I better actually work on chapter 13 today. So, it looks like I’m going to have to get busy.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment