Wednesday, July 28, 2010

July 28

Well, it’s a good start for the Rockies. It’s the top of the third and the score is tied one to one. Yesterday’s loss was pretty hard, but I’m sure our comeback is starting today. It’ll be a fight, but we’re going to take first place away from the Padres. And, I’m not saying that just to get my brother to leave me alone. (I hate to admit it, but he’s a Padres fan) The Rockies have a really good team and it’s time for them to get it together and start clicking.
I finished up chapter 12 in the Great Detective yesterday. My daughter asked about it and it just came pouring out. I tried to start chapter 13 and then my mind wanted me to go back to Kidnapped. I guess I’m going to just write whatever wants to come on any particular day. I shouldn’t say that, because the next book in line, Elf Rider, is already making noise in the back of my head. I almost opened up a new folder to begin it lay out chapters. But, if I start that, I know that the other two will be put on the back burner. I want to get them finished before I start anything else.
If anyone has visited my webpage www.thomnichols.com and read my personal bio, you should know that I used to collect comic books among other things. Well, an interesting thing came up on MSN’s news feed. Someone that was being evicted from their home found an Action Comics number one in their basement. They sold it for two hundred and fifty thousand dollars. It’s expected to go for over a million dollars. None of mine are worth anywhere near that price, but while living in New Jersey, I wrecked my car and I sold my X-men series. I had number 1, 94, Giant sized number 1 and nearly the whole run up to about eight or nine years ago. I made enough to buy a new car, a 2003 Saturn. I’ve been thinking about selling some more. But, they really come in handy. The only problem is storing them. I began collecting mine when I was in high school. I’ll be forty five in a couple months so that’s thirty years of dragging them around. And, I’m not talking about a box or two. I still have 30 long boxes and six short boxes.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment