Wednesday, July 21, 2010

July 21

The Marlins took today’s game. That’s two for them and one for us, but it’s a four game series. We’ll see how it goes tomorrow. At least I don’t have to work early and I can see the game. The countdown also begins today, only twenty five more days until football. Yes it is only preseason, but it is still football. We can still enjoy baseball, but if a game falls on a Sunday or Monday night, it looks like we’re going to have to record the baseball and watch the football.
My wife broke her glasses today. She almost had to call out from work. (Yes, she’s as blind as a bat) I can say that because she doesn’t read this blog. She managed to wedge the arm into the frame so that everything stays together for now. She tried to get in today, but they stop taking appointments at a certain time which she just missed. She made an appointment tomorrow. I hope they hang on until then. She might have to call out in the morning if anything bumps into them. All of us are supposed to wear glasses. My wife and the girls have them, but my son and I are stubborn. My eyes aren’t that bad. They’re sensitive to light, but I can still see, mostly. Sometimes it takes a little time for them to focus when I’m reading or looking at far away things. I went to the eye doctor when I turned 40 and he said that everyone’s sight begins to degrade around then. I don’t know if I believed him, but mine was pooping out.
I began work on chapter 15 yesterday and I even finished a chapter in the Great Detective. I don’t know what’s going on. As soon as I decide to work on one, the other jumps out at me. So, I’m just going to do whatever feels right and not try to schedule anything. So, we’ll see what happens tonight.
- Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment