Monday, July 19, 2010

July 19

Did I have a good weekend or what? I was supposed to work overtime on Sunday, but since I got in trouble the other day, they took one of my overtime days away. That meant that I had the whole weekend off. On Saturday, I slept in and then stayed in bed with my wife watching TV. Then, we took my mom out to eat. On Sunday, I pretty much had the house to myself. My wife went to visit her brother out of town and one of the girls went camping over the weekend. I was able to take my granddaughter swimming and there were all kinds of hot moms in bikinis out there. The best thing is that my granddaughter is only two and she talks to everyone. They all thought that she was cute and I was such a good grandpa for taking her out. Too bad I’m not a single grandpa. Then, we got McDonalds and I was able to watch the game both days.
We dropped two of three games to the Reds. And, we just lost to the Marlins a little while ago. I didn’t get to see the end, but it was a pretty good game. The whole time we were back and forth with the lead. It came down to the bottom of the ninth. We were ahead. Then, they had to go and hit a walk off two run homer. Still, it was a good game. One of our newer players, Johnny Herrera, a little guy but a good hitter, got his first homer today. It was a three run knock that put us ahead in the eighth. He’s been a great hitter. He almost always gets on base with a base hit.
I’m going to finish up chapter 14 today and I might get to chapter 15 depending on how everything goes. I didn’t get to work on the Great Detective Friday. I thought it was a good idea to split the night and work on both books, but I just never got to it. I think I’m going to try again tonight. I’ll let you know. I still haven’t heard back from the last agent about Grandpa’s Faerie yet. Hopefully it should be this week. If it’s good news, I don’t know when it will come out. If not, you can expect it out the following week.

No comments:

Post a Comment