Thursday, July 15, 2010

July 15

It always happens. Whenever you are supposed to check on something and you don’t do it as often as you are supposed to, something happens. It happened at work last night. Between the two of us, my coworker and I, we checked it until just after three in the morning. Sometime between then and six, something happened and I got a call at eight thirty. I had just fallen asleep and was working on a really good dream when the boss woke me up. He yelled for a few minutes and told me how incompetent I was, you know, the usual stuff. Fortunately and unfortunately I don’t see the boss except for once a week. But, that once a week is coming up tomorrow afternoon. That means that I get to hear it all over again. (Something to look forward to) But, if you think about it, you have to get yelled at every once in a while or you become complacent.
I woke up today looking forward to watching a game before I remembered it was only Thursday. So, I took the wife and kids out to eat. We went to a place called Sweet Tomatoes. It is an all you can eat salad place. But, they have an assortment of soups, pasta dishes, a potato bar, a desert bar, a bread bar and an ice cream bar. I hadn’t been there for a long time and it was soooo good. The wife and kids always dump ranch dressing on their salads. Me, I can never decide on just one type. I don’t particularly like ranch, so today I poured honey mustard dressing on half and red Italian on the other half. It was very good. I’m also a big bread person and I stocked up on biscuits, muffins, garlic bread, pizza bread, and corn bread. I haven’t eaten so much in I don’t know when.
I’m about half way through chapter fourteen. I don’t know if I’m going to finish it or not. For some reason, I stopped last night to add a few pages to The Great Detective. I was supposed to finish it before I started Kidnapped, but it just wasn’t coming. I didn’t get any real inspiration to add those pages. Nothing just came to me or anything. I just opened it up and began typing. In the back of my mind, I’m flirting with the idea of working on one in the early evening and the other in the late evening. We’ll see how it goes tonight.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment