Sunday, July 11, 2010

July 11

It was a rough one today. I usually work nights, but there was a lot of overtime offered this week. So, I scooped some up and worked a day shift, 6am to 2pm.It wasn’t bad, weekend shifts are usually very easy shifts. This one was no exception. The only thing difficult about it was getting up so early. Getting off at 2 sounded very good, because I was planning on going to the game later if I could get tickets. Well, it turned out that I couldn’t. The game was sold out. Still, I could watch it at home. My wife had me running errands after work, but I still made it home before six. I turned on the game and got out my Subway club with pepper jack cheese and extra onions. I was all set, until I fell asleep in the third inning. It was only around 7 o’clock. I can’t remember going to sleep that early in years. I missed the game. (We did win, 4 to 2, putting us only one game down in our division.) Now, I woke up a little before midnight and can’t go back to sleep for my next overtime shift at six in the morning. It’s just after 2am and the house is quiet, all of the kids are asleep. I’m thinking about updating my website. www.thomnichols.com It’s been a few days and I’m thinking about putting some Rockies stuff on one of the pages. Yep, that sounds good.
I finished chapter 13 today and I’m getting ready to start chapter 14. It’s going to be good. There is a lot of action in it. I would start it right now, but I know I’ll get into it and won’t want to stop when its time to get up and get ready for work. Besides, if I turn on some background music, I’ll probably wake everyone up and it’s actually kind of nice to have the whole house to myself.
One of the errands I ran today was going to get my daughter a birthday gift. She went with me to pick it out, so if she’s reading this it won’t spoil the surprise. It’s her sweet sixteen in August. Her sister’s sweet sixteen was last year and I got her a really nice porcelain doll. It had her favorite colors and a little number 16 on it. I wanted to get my youngest something like it, but not the same. You know how kids are. So, I got her a porcelain doll inside am elaborate carriage done up in her favorite colors. It looks really nice and like the other doll, it’s something they can keep for when they have they grow up and have their own houses. My granddaughter went with us to pick the stuff out. Of course she saw an ice cream vender and the whole time we were in the store, she asked for ice cream. It was only about a thousand times, so it wasn’t too bad. I told her about a thousand times that she couldn’t eat ice cream in the store, we had to wait until we went outside. Naturally, the vender was still there when we left. They can sniff out a sale. Actually, ice cream doesn’t sound too bad right now, it’s the middle of the night, but it’s hot. I think I’m going to go turn on the fan before I start on my website.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment