Tuesday, July 20, 2010

July 20th already

What a comeback. Yesterday’s game was close, but the Marlins won in the bottom of the ninth inning. Today, we destroyed them. It was ten to zero and yes, I missed everything. I saw the beginning of the game, but I had to go to work early today. I missed all of the good stuff. By the time I got to look up the score, it was already the bottom of the eighth. But, as long as we won, that’s the main thing. Tomorrow we have Cook on the mound and it should be a good one too. Unfortunately, I have to come in early again. So, I’m going to miss all of the action. I need to upgrade my phone so I can watch them while I’m supposed to be working. But, all of the kids have phones and they have all of the bells and whistles. (I don’t know how they convinced me that they needed it more than me.) Anyway, the bill is already outrageous, so I’ll probably suffer with what I got and keep calling for updates.
I finished chapter 14 yesterday. I started chapter 15, but I didn’t get very far. I also didn’t work on the Great Detective. I don’t think it’s going to work trying to do them both at the same time. But, it was worth a shot. I want the two to finish at about the same time though. I have my next book rolling around in my head and it wants me to work on it. I don’t want to put off the Great Detective again, so I think I might sacrifice some time on the weekends to put some pages down on it.
None of the kids are doing anything exciting so far this week. My son and daughter-in-law took my granddaughter to Lakeside the other day. It’s an older amusement park. She was telling me all about the rides she went on. She was pretty excited. My eldest daughter is becoming more and more adept at driving my car. It’s a standard and for some reason I only taught all of them how to drive automatics. For the longest time, I only had to share my car with my wife. But, I can already see it now. First she’s going to want to start borrowing it and then the others will learn how to drive it and pretty soon it won’t be my car anymore. (Don’t laugh. It already happened to my old car. It’s now my son’s car) But, he has a family now, so I guess he does need a car. My youngest received a sprained ankle on her camping trip over the weekend. My wife took her to the doctor and now she has a big splint on her foot and lower leg.
Till tomorrow, Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment