Tuesday, July 27, 2010

July 27

Just before work, my granddaughter came in crying. She is only two and a half years old. She was playing with the neighbor’s daughters. One of them is about her age and the other is a little older, but still only about three or maybe three and a half. Anyway, my granddaughter wanted to play with the older neighbor’s toy and the neighbor’s daughter didn’t want to share, so she pinched my granddaughter. The kids were out watching of course, but it wasn’t like they could slap the three year old around or even beat up on the parents. When kids are that young they don’t really know what they are doing. Unfortunately for me, it wasn’t a good enough excuse to call out from work. My granddaughter didn’t want to go out and play with the neighbors anymore. She wanted to follow me around and go to work with me. She even put on someone’s shoes so that I would take her. Too bad I didn’t have a camera handy.
The Rockies extended their losing streak. It’s getting frustrating. It was their hundredth game and it was pretty close. The score was four to two and they were playing the Pirates who were only second to last place in both divisions. We got one of our main players, Troy Tulowitzki off of the disabled list, which is a good thing. I was hoping his influence would bring a halt to our losing streak and maybe the other players would step up now that the best player is back. But, what can I say, tomorrow is another day. We play the Pirates again for two more games and then it’s the Cubs.
Ok, putting the Eagles on in the background and I’m getting to work. My daughter asked me about the Great Detective, so I think I’m going to put in some time on it and then continue Kidnapped later.
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment