Saturday, July 10, 2010

July 10

Yep, I’m at work on a Saturday. It sucks, but its overtime. Anyway, I was looking for a book to read while I’m here and I ran into a little problem. I’ve been reading Terry Goodkind – the Seeker series, but I stopped about a month ago because I was missing a book. I’ve been meaning to pick it up, but for one reason or another I haven’t been able to get to the store. So, I’ve been reading other stuff so that I wouldn’t miss anything. But, as I was looking at my ‘to read’ stack of books (Which had dwindled down to only three) I noticed that they were all Seeker books. So, I’m going out of order. It feels strange. I’m really going to have to get to the bookstore this week.
The Rockies had another great day last night. I was able to get off work in time to see the last two innings. They pulled off a ten to eight win over the Padres. I was getting worried too. They made five runs in the third, but the Padres were consistently making one or two runs nearly every inning. My brother is a big Padres fan, so I sent him a text telling him to have his boys stop beating up on my guys, and as soon as it went through, they hit another five runs in the seventh. Steward even hit a Grand Slam, it was awesome. I know they didn’t win because of my text, but I’m going to take credit for it anyway. After work, I’m going to go wait in line to see if I can get tickets to today’s game. It was sold out a few days ago, but they always hold some tickets back for the Rock Pile until right before game time. We’re now only two games out of first. If we sweep the Padres, we’ll be tied with them. This is going to be a great series.

Ok, I got Ratt in the background so I guess it’s time to get to work. I’m finishing up chapter 13 today and I might even start chapter 14. Kidnapped is coming along really well. I’ve been waiting a long time to write this one. I put it off for so long because everyone I’ve spoke to told me that I had to keep the word count down if I ever wanted to get published. Kidnapped is the second book in a series of ten. It Begins is the first of the K-bar series, and it was the first one I ever wrote, but I put it on the shelf because after trying to cut it down to an “acceptable” word count, I ended up hating it. It’s 229,272 words and it needs to be that long. Kidnapped is also going to be over 200,000 words and so are the next few. Since I’m self publishing, I can make them the way I want. I’ll still write shorter books, that I’ll send off to agents, because I do still want to be published. In fact, I’ve got a few rattling around in the old noodle that I just need to get down on paper. I’ll probably alternate, writing one of them next and then go on to the third K-bar book. Ok, time to get started.
Until next time - Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment