Thursday, July 29, 2010

July 29

Wooooo Hooooo! The Rockies broke their losing streak finally. Ubaldo came through with the pitching and we beat the Pirates nine to three. That means tacos at Taco Bell for everyone. It was a great game. Everyone was hitting and it looked like the Rockies of old. Now all we have to do is start a winning streak and claw our way back to the top. We have the Cubs tomorrow, I can hardly wait.
We got paid today, and all that overtime I’ve been working was a nice little bump. I’m not sure what I’m going to do with it, but it’s going to be fun. Speaking of overtime, my boss tried putting me on the schedule for my daughter’s birthday party. I had to calm my wife down for about twenty minutes telling her that I already took care of getting it off. I could just see her killing me on my daughter’s sweet sixteen. That would go over good. My daughter brought home her dress today. It looked good on her. The party is only a week and a day away, and my wife is still pulling her hair out. We sent out the invitations late, and we are only just now getting a bunch of responses. I think it’s going to be a pretty nice party.
I got one of those L. Ron. Hubbard emails today about the writer’s of the future contest. I’ve been wanting to enter for a long time, but I tend to be a little longwinded when I write. The max word length is 17,000 words. I’m sure I could whittle down a story to enter, but that’ll take me away from my current projects. I actually have a couple of ideas that I was going to develop into full length novels. I’m going to have to think about it for a while. It would be real nice to win, but odds are that I would lose. Still, it would be fun. And, if I did win, it would only help my future career as a writer. I’ll give it some thought. Until then, I finished up chapter 15 yesterday. I’m getting ready to start chapter 16. I put some Prince and some Kick Axe on in the background and I’m ready to go. Till next time:
-Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment